You will be part of the hardware and system test team responsible for Pluribus Network’s data center switching platforms running our NetVisor Network Operating System that is deployed in hundreds of network service provider datacenters, internet exchanges across the world and in large enterprise data center networks.
You will be developing comprehensive test plans, execute test cases and develop test automation software for Pluribus Networks Netvisor OS and various physical connectivity solutions for datacenter (Optical transceivers, DAC connectivity..etc) and Pluribus Networks datacenter switching platforms.
In your day to day work, you will encounter and learn about ONIE, Optical transceivers, DAC connectivity, licensing and provisioning of switches, bring up of Netvisor on datacenter switches, REST APIs, various switching ( VLAN, RSTP, MSTP, LACP, Muti Chassis LAG, High Availability, VXLAN and IGMP) and routing technologies (FRR, BGP, OSPF, BFD, IPv6 Support and PIM)
You will be using Python, Perl and shell scripts for developing test automation software on Ubuntu Linux
You will be using various network traffic generation tools like IXIA, iPerf, nping and ping
You will be working with cross functional teams in finding defects at various stages of hardware and software release process
You will be setting up test equipment in the lab for your test efforts, debug complex networking and hardware problems to isolate bugs from desired behavior
You will be learning how to work and set yourself for success in a fast paced, dynamically changing environment
And you will have lots of fun.
BS/MS in EE/CS or related fields and 0-2 years’ and expertise in the following areas:
- Very good understanding of the basics of computer networking which is fundamental to anything we do at Pluribus Networks
- Knowledge of Ethernet switching, IP routing protocols, network management and security required
- Knowledge of validating various connectivity options(transceivers) for data center switching and routing platforms will be an advantage
- Strong programming and test automation skills in Python, Perl or shell scripting
- Knowledge of KVM, VMWare ESXi, Redhat Openstack, Redhat Openshift and Kubernetes will be a plus
- Track record of innovation and out-of-box thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self starter