We are looking for a senior software developer with expertise in Linux-based switching platforms and the PHY/MAC layer components which are essential to connect them to join the Pluribus Networks engineering team. You will leverage your knowledge of optical transceiver from 1G to 400G and create the PHY/driver solutions to meet the diverse requirements across this range of products to evolve our award-winning Netvisor network operating system. You will leverage your excellent communication skills to work closely with our Solutions Architects and Product Managers to understand and find solutions to complex requirements, and also with the Pluribus Test team to ensure highest level of quality of the result. You are able to multi-task and participate in customer escalations with our Customer Advocacy and Sustaining Engineering teams analyzing and solving challenging issues from the field with high-energy and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- 8+ years overall experience with a BSCS or equivalent
- Excellent C/Linux programming and debugging skills
- Expertise in design and implementation of PHY/MAC layer subsystems for SFP/QSFP form factors, including QSFP-DD in accordance with MSA specifications
- Experience bringing up x86 platforms, solid understanding of Unix/Linux internals
- Working knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 2 networking technologies
- Ability to work independently on complex issues and also in a collaborative environment
- Curiosity and interest in tackling new problems