As a technical writer at Pluribus Networks, you will directly help our customers and partners better understand how to configure and use Netvisor ONE on a network. We are looking for a writer who is passionate about how our users experience documentation, curious about how the product works and integrates with the network, and staunch in developing the workflows and best practices for enabling users to successfully deploy our Netvisor ONE software on a switch. This effort will directly contribute in helping our users fully utilize the platform to protect their network and generate fewer calls to our support organization.
- Facility with technology:
- You’re curious, not afraid to be hands-on with the products, and you can empathize with the challenges our customers face.
- Expert level understanding routing, switching, and fabric technologies for Data Center networking
- Hands-on experience configuring routers, switches and firewalls
- Experience in virtualization platforms (e.g. OpenStack) or container environments (e.g. Kubernetes) is highly desirable
- Know the craft—You like writing more than you like doing anything else and you have an innate ability to think like and write for administrators. You see every feature and task as part of a broad scenario, and interested in not only how something works, but also when and why to use a particular configuration/setting.
- Innovation—You are creative, and love to experiment with new ways to present information in a way that enables a positive user experience with our products.
- Organization—You can take large amounts of technical details and organize them into topics that users can easily find and use to solve their network problems.
- Initiative—You’re not afraid to propose changes to improve process and quality to enable a better customer experience and you are relentless in hunting down the information you need.
- Interpersonal skills—You are able to work with developers, QA, PMs, customers, SEs, and support to successfully gather information required to understand the problems our users are facing and the ways our products help to solve them.
- Problem solving skills—You have strong critical-thinking skills and use them to ensure that you are providing just the information our users need to complete the task at hand.
- Adaptable—You can handle a rapid release model and adjust easily to new or changing circumstances.
- Must have expert level knowledge of networking, network protocols, and APIs. Having a CCNA/JNCIA certification is desirable.
- Ability to see the big picture and proven track record of writing from scratch.
- Writers/Engineers with proven experience of documenting Solution documentation, App Notes, Whitepapers, Configuration documents and API docs.
- Proficiency with FrameMaker, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Help N Doc, and image editing tools is desirable.
- HTML experience is desirable.
- Familiarity with Bugzilla (bugs) and Confluence (collaboration) is preferred.
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision. Experience working in a startup environment is a strong plus.
Qualified candidates please send your CV / resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org